Data Assessor - West Texas
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Observation Services - Data Assessor
Do you enjoy making a difference in a child's life, transforming
education, and evolving learning? Come join Teachstone, the
interaction company! Teachstone was founded in 2008 to deliver the
Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) nationwide and around
the globe. Developed through years of research, the CLASS
observation tool measures the interactions between teachers and
children, which have been shown to drive learning and lifelong
Teachstone helps organizations conduct classroom observations and
provides professional development so that teachers improve, and
children learn more. Our online subscription service, myTeachstone,
simplifies CLASS implementation by combining observation data with
a robust library of CLASS resources and professional
The ideal candidate excels at customer service and has excellent
people skills, thrives in an environment that emphasizes teamwork,
and is driven to improve the lives of students; this role may be
We are seeking External CLASS Data Assessors to join our Live
Observations team to conduct Classroom Assessment Scoring System
(CLASS) observations in Pre-Kindergarten classrooms inCrane,
Andrews, McCamey and Seminole, Texas. Data Assessors must be
trained and reliable on the CLASS tool for the age level being
observed, or be willing to be trained and become reliable. Data
Assessors must keep their CLASS certification current throughout
the project and complete ongoing calibration as directed by project
leadership. Travel may be required.
***PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION***
- Be available to conduct observations during the week ofOct
- Be available for mandatory project-specific training.
- A mandatory project information session will be held and must
be attended by data collector's prior to being scheduled for an
- Complete data entry and other post-observation work as defined
by project leadership in a timely manner.
Certification, Fidelity and Data Collection:
- Current Pre-K certification OR willingness to attend a virtual
training and pass an online certification test.
- Participate successfully in ongoing calibrations and fidelity
checks as directed by project leadership.
- Within 24 hours of each observation, complete post-observation
work including online data entry.
- Adhere strictly to all CLASS observation and project-specific
protocols at all stages of the project, from training and
certification to observation and data entry, and
- Interact with school administration, office staff, and teachers
in a professional and courteous manner.
- Use online communication and invoicing tools such as Slack, and
Bill.com (training on specific platforms provided).
- B.A. degree in relevant field, Child development or Education
- Coursework in early childhood education and/or classroom
- Experience using the CLASS tool to conduct live observations
- Experience conducting observations or administering assessments
in school settings
- Experience in quantitative or qualitative data
- Fluent in English (bilingual Spanish speakers
- Demonstrated attention to detail, punctuality, and
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and commitment to education and education research
Teachstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all
applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy,
parental status, genetic data, political affiliation, or any other
status protected by law. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive
and diverse culture.
Job Type: Contract
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Early Childhood: 2 years (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Teachstone, Odessa , Data Assessor - West Texas, Other , Crane, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!